Okay, so I’ve been super busy, some would say that I’ve been doing nothing and being lazy, but I think that’s because I’m overwhelmed with everything else, that I just want to be lazy most nights. Now I’m going to tell you everything that’s been going on, and I’m really excited to share all of it with you!
1. Art Directors Association of Iowa
Okay, for those of you who don’t know, I’m on the board for ADAI (Art Directors Association of Iowa), and I’m in charge of the Professional Exhibition. Here’s a little info about ADAI:
The Art Directors Association of Iowa was founded in 1957. It serves the specific needs of professionals and students involved in graphic design and related fields in Iowa. A nonprofit organization, ADAI formed to both educate members and promote the exchange of ideas and information. Activities in the future will evolve to meet the needs of our ever-changing profession.
So I have been very busy getting the Call for Entries for the Professional Exhibition ready to be mailed. Friday I mailed these out, and it was a big relief! The theme is Buttoned Up, yes, that’s what I said Buttoned Up, and I am so in love with buttons that this is perfect for me. Okay, and now for a couple of pics of the Call for Entries :]
I am working on a tutorial for these cute little felt envelopes! I hope to have it up in the next week or so, if I don’t then feel free to bug me with comments on this post till it goes up. I am very forgetful lately, even when I write myself to-do lists and notes. The felt came from Giant Dwarf, and it was just wonderful to work with, nothing like the cheap felt I’m used to using. The buttons were all plastic dyed buttons that I got from Little Red Cottage, they were an assortment and all of them were so beautiful.
We have finally nailed down a date for the 3rd annual SORR event. Yay! Except that now I’m doing this event by myself, because the love Kelsey will be in South Africa. The swap has been scheduled for a 2-Day event which is taking place at the Natural Living Expo:
We still need general volunteers for both days, and set-up on Friday, April 1, 3 pm to 7 pm. As well as sewing volunteers for Saturday and Sunday. Entry to the swap will be $10 plus a bag of clothes, for people who are attending the Natural Living Expo and decide to drop in on the swap without a bag of clothes, that will be fine too. Please send us an email if you’re interested in being a volunteer, remember volunteers get free admission to the swap!
3. Pattern Designs
I’ve been working on a line of patterns to possibly be published. I have some sketches going, and many more ideas in my head, but now it’s time to get to work, and start getting the patterns drawn and ready to test. I don’t want to reveal too much here, but lets just say I’m really excited!!!
4. My new Obsession
Okay, so I think I have a new obsession now, and it’s kinda weird. I’m now a coupon lady, yes, I’m admitting this to the entire world. I clip coupons (I get at least two sets of inserts from the Sunday paper every week) and I shop sales, and I also trade coupons. This has allowed me to save a lot of money. I’ve also been able to stock up on items that I love to use, and used to pay full price for when I ran out. I’m reading blogs dedicated to saving money using coupons and have joined a coupon forum. I’ll share my links below with you, but I’m also hoping to be able to share some of my awesome shopping trips too!
- The Frugal Find – She finds awesome things on the web for deals, as well as many of the others, but I started following her first, so she’s my favorite Also, she has an amazing FREE Online Coupon Class, and these helped me to learn a lot!
- Totally Target – Everything Target! She tells you how to work the deals, and lets you know when new coupons come out so you can get items for FREE or very cheap!
- A Full Cup – The forum where I chat with other couponers about deals, this is very up to date, because many people are constantly posting new things. There are also ways to find coupons that are regional, I often trade for coupons that we don’t get in our area, for ones that other people get, and I love it!
- Deal Seeking Mom – many cool things here
- Hip2Save – for Walgreens Deals the best deals on the weekly shopping lists are highlighted in a different color.
- Penny Pinchin’ Mom – highlights best deals in green on weekly shopping lists
- Bargain Briana – Great f0r Kmart Deals
Many of these sites also have coupon databases, but my favorite database is the AFC (A Full Cup) because if you’re looking for one, you can often find somebody who has it and is willing to give it up for something they are searching for.